[Monkey] Announcement: Monkey v1.1.1 is out!

Eduardo Silva edsiper at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 00:35:34 UTC 2012

== Monkey HTTP Daemon v1.1.1 is out ! , codename Monkey Summer ==

Monkey HTTP Daemon is a very Fast and Lightweight Web Server for
GNU/Linux. It has been designed to be very scalable with low memory
and CPU consumption, the perfect solution for embedded devices. Made
for ARM, x86 and x86_64.

     http://monkey-project.com

== Introduction ==

Monkey was started on 2001 and after years of development we are very
proud to announce the availability of our new major release: Monkey
v1.1, codename Summer. This major release reflects our community
effort to produce a high qualilty web server for embedded devices
taking the most of Linux Kernel to hit great performance with low
resources usage.

Thanks to the community and specially to the Google Summer of Code
students, this version is faster than previous ones, many
optimizations and improvements have been made in the scheduler, memory
management and in the core in general.

== What is new ? What has changed ? ==

Here is a list of the most relevant changes on Monkey v1.1.1:

- Configure: fix installer on plugins Makefile
- Configure: fix broken builder
- Dirlisting: define plugin as optional
- Logger: define plugin as mandatory

Official announcement: http://www.monkey-project.com/Announcements/v1.1.1

== Contributors ==

We would like to thanks to the following people who have been involved
doing code and bug fixes contributions on this release:

- Christian Stankowic (CRUX Linux package maintainer)
- Anthony G. Basile (Gentoo package maintainer)

== Join us! ==

We want to hear about you, our community is growing and you can be
part of it!, you can reach us at:

 - IRC: irc.freenode.net #monkey
 - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/monkeywebserver
 - Identica: http://identi.ca/group/monkey